Director of Business Development
The Rural Business Group
The Rural Business Group – Director of Business Development (All applications treated in strictest confidence)
We are looking for an experienced and influential individual to join us as Director of Business Development, to identify, develop and secure new business.
Our Member Organisation brings together Rural Businesses, Community Enterprises and major corporations from across the UK with aim of becoming the unifying voice for rural businesses across the UK.
- To help businesses to achieve their potential and thrive, by providing practical advice, guidance and support – through a combination of in-house advice, peer networks and partner engagement
- To raise the profile of Rural Businesses across the UK and highlight the impact they have on communities and the economy, creating opportunities for them to shine on a Regional and National stage
- To embrace social entrepreneurship – to become a force for good working in the best interests of rural businesses and communities
- To challenge the notion that rural business is all about agriculture and farming – highlighting the breadth and depth of what Rural Business really is, and can be
As Head of Business Development you will play a critical role for the Rural Business Group in developing and delivering its short medium and long term strategy.
This is an exciting time to join in what will become a pivotal role for the organisation you will lead our enterprise and commercial development activity, driving income generation to deliver a step change that will ensure we are able to achieve our aspirations, delivering services and activities that put our members at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for a leader who is entrepreneurial and strategic in their approach with a proven track record of driving income growth from multiple sources. A confident communicator, you will bring the credibility and drive to engage effectively and work well with stakeholders both externally and internally.
Whether or not your experience is already in the rural sector or in the commercial world, you will bring a collaborative approach to add immediate value to our team along with the ability to inspire and develop a high performing team.
You will oversee the Group’s funding pipelines through the development and delivery of a sponsorship strategy and partner and member acquisition strategies. You will also:
- Provide leadership to develop and motivate team members to high performance, ensuring consistent and robust leadership and management of discipline across the team
- Strengthen business development capacity by developing both regional and sector focus
- Oversee development of systems to strengthen the Group’s Business Development capability by ensuring we are well positioned as a ‘Go to’ partner for relevant corporations
- Play a key and strategic role in supporting the founders in furthering their aspirations to become a force for good in the rural sector
- Ensure we are aware of and have access to funding opportunities available to CiC’s in the UK in order to support our membership base
- Achieve revenue budgets by leading our commercial engagement with clients and prospects including; Go-To-Market strategy, compelling proposals, pricing strategy, account management.
To be successful you will have extensive business development experience and a passion for rural. Ideally you will have a varied and wide ranging network of senior level contacts within potential partners and sponsor organisations in order to build ongoing long-term relationships. Self-driven, self-aware, and able to motivate others, you will have an understanding of the challenges of operating a rural business, be able to fit in with our friendly down to earth, aspirational, no-nonsense culture and above all have a track record of leading and achieving. Strong commercial, proposal writing and financial skills are also essential.
Salary: Competitive (On Application)
“We want to put a marker in the sand to say ‘we are rural business’ – we want to act as an enabler; as a group who champions rural business and who has their best interests at heart.”
Please complete the form below or call 01163800525 email email@example.com
Director Of Business Development (The Rural Business Group) Application Form.